Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday, June 13, 2009


Saturday, June 13, 2009

We got to sleep in! Yeah! We didn't have to be ready to go until 10am and it was such a relief. It made the whole day easier. The picture above is from dinner last night. It is soooo nice! I wish we could just stay here. Anyway, we had a leisurely breakfast and got on the bus at 10am. We made our way to Epidarus which has a theater dating back to around 500BC (just a guess really). We visited the museum, the grounds (the picture is of the grounds) and then the theater. The theater seats 14,000 and is still in use today. Here is a picture of the girls in front of the theater. Michelle, Lauren and Kasondra walked to the top of the theater and some of our group sang songs and amazingly enough they were easily heard at the top. The next is a picture Kasondra took at the top of the theater. It was hot today but not as much and more humid.

After the theater, we went to lunch. Lunch was good as usual and expensive. Between Kasondra and I, lunch cost $20 Euros and that included 3 small bottles of coke, one green salad, and one chicken souvlaki (chicken skewer, rice, and fries). We went directly from lunch to a cute little town and had the option of climbing 900 stairs to a fort or walking around a quaint little town, shopping and eating ice cream. We choose the latter and did a little souvenir shopping. Here are 2 pictures of the town. Michelle was torn about going to the fort but Lauren told her no. Kasondra bought a shirt and I bought Abbey's souvenir. I am not sure if Lauren and Michelle bought anything.

At 5pm we were back on the bus for a quick trip back to our hotel. Dinner is scheduled for 8pm so we decided to walk down to the town of Tolo. It is a really cute town (a beach town). I bought a Greece towel, a keychain for Kasondra, and 2 postcards. Lauren bought a cute dress. We walked down to Aegean Sea and put our feet in the water (well Kasondra, myself and Lauren did). It felt about the same as the Ionic Sea, cool at first but then you got used to it and it wasn't cold at all. Here is a picture of Kasondra and Lauren in the Aegean Sea.

We walked back up to the hotel and put our feet into the pool. Finally I went to get the usb plug for the camera so I could post this blog, Kasondra went to rest before dinner and Michelle and Lauren did the same.

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you that I left my power converter at the last hotel and so I am almost totally screwed except Lauren is allowing me to borrow hers when it is not in use. The biggest problem is that at these hotels you need to room key in a special little slot in the room in order for the room to have power (ie. so the charger can work). Well, we need our key to get back into the room when we leave so we can't charge anything if we aren't in the room. I did get an extra key and put it in before we left today but when we got back, the extra key was gone and I am afraid to ask for another. The Greek people are a little scary!
Well tomorrow we are off again. I believe we are going to Mycenae in Corinth and we are going to see Lion's Head. I think we are also going to a pottery maker and see how pottery is made. We have to make our way back to Athens because we are staying at the first hotel again. I am going to make sure I don't have room 116 again. Anyway, until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment